September 28, 2011

Ideas for Healthy Road Trip Foods?

My husband Eric & I are relocating to Seattle, WA on October 17th! We're almost ready to put our house on the market and embark on driving across the country on a 7-day road trip! We'll be driving a UHAUL truck and Eric's parents will be driving my car, so there will be 4 of us total, but also 3 pets: our puppy Levi and our 2 ferrets (Oscar & Oliver). So us and our little zoo will be packed into the moving van, and I'll be traveling further west than I've ever been in a car. I've flown to Seattle several times, but I haven't driven any further west than Missouri.
So my question to all of you is this: what are some healthy, low-calorie treats & snacks that you'd recommend for road trips? I would also prefer they be wheat free (I'm intolerant to wheat), but I can cheat on this a little bit if need be.
We'll probably take some Trail Mix and some deli sandwiches, but I'm a bit out of ideas after that, so I welcome any suggestions from y'all! (Also, they need to be cheap!) Let me know! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment