April 27, 2010

Finding Fitness Inspiration

I read a lot of womens' health & fitness magazines, and I see tons of pictures of extremely fit women who are tight & toned and beautiful.

These pictures inspire me (and I'll admit, make me slightly jealous sometimes), but I've been realizing that I have to be realistic and realize that my body, no matter how toned I get, may NEVER look like those ladies.

Why?

Well, for starters, I am over 5 feet 6 inches, and most featured women are much shorter and petite than me! Most women are around 5 feet 3 inches!

So, my shoulders and hips will never be as small as theirs, so I will always naturally be taller and more "big-boned" than them.

So what I need to do is find pictures for inspiration of healthy, fit women who are closer to my height! Then I can reasonably expect my body to someday look similar to theirs! (Of course, my body may never look exactly like them, because fitness will probably never be my career, but at least they can still inspire me.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for inspirational pictures of fit gals who are closer to my height!

No comments:

Post a Comment