July 22, 2015

Visit to Cincy & Miami University!



My husband & I have recently returned from a vacation to Cincinnati, Ohio, and the surrounding areas, which is where I'm from.  My parents have lived in & near Lebanon for the last several years, so that is where I call "home" now. 

We spent one day up at my alma mater, Miami University.  I graduated in 2007, and it's crazy to see how the campus has changed in these last 8 years. 

Holy cow--has it really been EIGHT years since I graduated college?!? *Gulp*

Anyway, the picture above is me & my amazing hubby Eric, kissing beneath the Upham Archway, which, if you've ever attended Miami, is THE thing to do! I believe the legend says that if you kiss your sweetheart under the arch, at midnight, when the overhead lantern is on, then you'll marry them soon, or some such nonsense. 

Whatever the silliness; it's still romantic, and Eric & I still act like newlyweds, even 7 years later! 

We also ate at what is arguably the BEST place to eat in any college town, that is the tiny hole-in-the-wall shop known as "Bagel & Deli" in uptown Oxford, a block away from the Miami campus. 

B & D is where I ate at least once a week when I attended Miami, and it's THE place to eat.  They serve hot, you guessed it, Bagel and Deli sandwiches, and they are amazing!  The tiny shop is a quirky little place with their "menu" hanging from the walls in the form of pictures of the sandwiches with funky names.  My absolute fave is the "Messy Katie", which contains sliced turkey, cream cheese, avocado, bean sprouts, honey mustard, and cheese, on a bialy bagel.  It's seriously the best thing I've ever eaten. 

Even Eric, who, being from Seattle has an arguably wider & more refined palate than myself, claimed that his bagel sandwich might be one of the best things he's ever eaten, ever. 

Anyway, I didn't mean for this post to be a love letter to Bagel & Deli, but seriously, if I could get them delivered out here to Seattle, you'd better believe I'd be looking into it!

It was such a great trip to Ohio, and I loved seeing my parents, extended family, and old friends again.  Such a trip down memory lane.  And it had been our first time back in almost 4 years, so it was overdue!

No comments:

Post a Comment